The Maryland Writers’ Association (MWA) is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the art, business, and craft of writing. MWA strives to:
- Bring together writers of all levels and disciplines
- Serve as an information resource
- Help members make contacts that lead to publication
- Encourage writers to reach their full potential, and
- Promote writing within the community.
Who We Are
MWA’s diverse membership ranges from professional freelancers and published authors, to writers aspiring to be published and those who write as a creative outlet.
What We Do
Among MWA’s activities and services:
- Monthly meetings with speakers
- Annual writers’ conference
- Member newsletter, Pen in Hand
- Writing workshops
- Literary contests
- Writing projects for children